10-Day South Central Vietnam Highlights
From $539 Land Only and $1179 Land & Air
- Explore the 5 cities in Vietnam – Ho Chi Minh City, Can Tho, Hoi An, Danang, and Hue
- Rustic boat ride along the Mekong River
- Visit a rural village, museums, memorial and Cai Rang floating market
- Deluxe hotel accommodation with daily breakfasts
- International airfares included
- Choice of sightseeing, entertainment and culinary add-ons for enhanced experiences
- Optional extension to Hanoi and Ha Long Bay
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
|2020 Dates & Prices||2020 Dates & Prices|
|Dates||Land Only||Air & Land|
# Not Included:
Prices do not include Optional Programs, Local Gratuities, Travel Medical and Interruption Insurances, Airlines Seat Assignments Fees, Personal Expenses …
# Additional Information:
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers. Full-Package Prices include airfare, fuel surcharges, airport taxes and fees. All prices are per person based on double occupancy. Full-Package (Air and land) tour prices apply from the gateway airport or city specified in the Package Highlights. Prices will vary from alternative gateway airports or cities and may be higher. The total price will be clearly displayed prior to any deposit being required. Additional baggage charges may apply.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
Day 1 Depart for Vietnam
Board the international airline from your gateway city to start your adventure to exotic destinations in Asia. Fly in comforts over the International Date Line towards Asia while indulging in superior inflight services of the international carrier.
Day 2 Arrive in Ho Chi Minh City
Welcome to Ho Chi Minh City, also called Saigon, the largest city in Vietnam. Upon arrival, our local tour guide will meet and greet you after your customs and immigration clearance at the airport. Speedy transfer to your hotel for check-in will be arranged. The rest of the day is at your leisure or rest to accustom to the new time zone.
Overnight: Ho Chi Minh
Day 3 Ho Chi Minh City
Enjoy the morning at leisure or join the optional half morning day tour to Cu Chi Tunnels.
- Optional tour: Cu Chi Tunnels Half Day (minimum 2 participants) $39 per person
Departing Ho Chi Minh City in the morning, you will head to the Cu Chi District of the city to explore Cu Chi Tunnels. This immense network of underground connecting tunnels played a significant role as the base of the Viet Cong during the military campaigns of the Vietnam War in 1968. These tunnels had facilitated the movements of North Vietnamese fighters against the American military efforts, where they also served as communication and supply routes, hospitals, food and weapon caches and living quarters for the Viet Cong. After viewing an introductory video, inspecting various mantraps, the remains of an American tank and numerous bomb craters, you will spend the next hour exploring the maze of tunnels to see how the Viet Cong survived in this underground network.
Overnight: Ho Chi Minh
Day 4 Ho Chi Minh City - Mekong Delta/Ben Tre - Can Tho
In the morning, traveling from Ho Chi Minh City to Mekong Delta. Upon arrival in Ben Tre, take a boat ride on the river. Stop at brickwork to see how bricks are made the traditional way - brick is molded from clay, arranged inside a kiln and became brown after baking. Next visit coconut processing workshops located along the canal and the boat ride turns on Natural Scissors Creeks where the canal looks narrower as it flows towards the village.
Take a short walk to a family workshop run by women making sleeping mats and where they can be seen enjoying fruits and tea, while guests can chat with local people to get to know more about their rural life. Next, ride a motor cart or bike on the shady road, passing endless rice fields and vegetable plains that the local farmers toil every day. Stop for lunch at a local restaurant in Ben Tre.
In the afternoon, enjoy a rowboat ride along Water Palm Creek. Then head out to Can Tho, where you will spend the rest of the day at leisure.
Overnight: Can Tho, Vietnam
Day 5 Can Tho - Ho Chi Minh – Da Nang - Hoi An
In the morning you step onboard a boat to visit Cai Rang floating market. Take in the daily activities of the locals who live along the Mekong canals. Then meet the driver for the trip back to Ho Chi Minh City and to the airport for the flight to Danang. Upon arrival, meet with your guide and be transferred to the hotel in Hoi An.
Overnight: Hoi An, Vietnam
Day 6 Hoi An
In the morning, visit the ancient streets of Hoi An, lined with Chinese traders’ homes and wooden houses revitalized as restaurants, cafés, and outlets for local artists, craftsmen, and tailors. Explore the beautiful 16th century Japanese Bridge. Explore Hoi An's unique fusion of Chinese, Japanese and Vietnamese architecture that are all well showcased in this city which is reputed as Vietnam's most tourist-friendly town.
Hoi An is also very famous for its silk costume and outfits tailor-made for tourists. This will be a great opportunity to have a suit or any other silk materials tailor-made at very reasonable prices. The group will stop at one of the most reputable shops in Hoi An where quality and value are often assured.
The rest of the day is free at leisure for your own exploration of Hoi An or you can simply enjoy the hotels’ facilities and amenities.
Overnight: Hoi An, Vietnam
Day 7 Hoi An
Free day at leisure or join our optional tour Farming & Fishing Life with lunch.
- Optional tour: Farming & Fishing Life with lunch (Minimum 4 participants) $89 per person. Start the day cycling along back roads witnessing the Vietnamese rural life at first hand, working the ground with a farmer in an organic vegetable village, and have the amazing experience of riding a water buffalo in a rice paddy field. Later, you will board a boat to join local fishermen doing traditional net fishing. You will also practice paddling the unique Vietnamese bamboo basket boat, rounding out your unique experience with the local farming and fishing communities. Lunch will be on the boat with cold beer or soft drink.
Overnight: Hoi An
Day 8 Hoi An - Da Nang - Hue
Leaving Hoi An in the morning, you head out to Hue, Vietnam’s last feudal capital. The scenery will be remarkable as the route hugs the coastline of the East Sea before winding up the spectacular Hai Van Pass. Here you can stop to admire the stunning views: north over Lang Co Beach and south over Da Nang City. Once in Da Nang, you will stop by the Cham Museum, housing the most complete collection of Cham artifacts anywhere in the world. Upon arrival in Hue, keep driving to Tu Duc Tomb – a creation of the monarch, Emperor Tu Duc of the Nguyen Dynasty who enjoyed the longest reign from 1848 to 1883 – which had also served as his place of residence. Tu Duc's tomb is a sprawling compound centered around a lake and several waterways, and including numerous separate memorials connected by pleasant walkways. This amazing site never became his final resting place as the Emperor was eventually buried in a yet to be discovered secret location. Stay overnight in Hue.
Day 9 Hue
In the morning, take a trip to Hue Imperial Citadel. The imperial city of Hue is the best-preserved remnant of a vast citadel and royal quarters that once existed on the site. Here you can see the ravages of time and war on what the carefully designed capital of the Nguyen Dynasty was. Built in the early 19th century by armies of conscripted laborers under Emperor Gia Long, the citadel was surrounded by a ten-kilometer moat, and earthen walls formed the outer perimeter. Spend the rest of the day at leisure or join the optional half-day tour to Thuy Bieu village.
- Optional tour: Thuy Bieu Village and dinner with a local family (minimum 2 participants) $59 per person. In the afternoon, aboard a boat for a scenic cruise to Thuy Bieu village. The quiet Thuy Bieu Village, 4 miles from the city center, is famous for growing a small pomelo fruit known as Thanh Tra. You will visit many garden houses, a unique feature of the Hue countryside, and enjoy relaxed walking and biking around the village. Visit an old communal house, pass by several ancient ancestral temples and have the opportunity to interact with the locals. Visit an incense making family and discover the daily life of local folks. You can also join them in gardening, or simply join in drinking tea. Enjoy dinner at a local family in Thuy Bieu and drive back to the hotel at the end of the day.
Day 10 Depart from Hue, Vietnam
Check out of the hotel after breakfast today to get ready for your return journey at the end of this tour. Catch the pre-scheduled airport transfer time that will best suit you before your flight departure. In the event when your returning flight is during the early morning hours on the next calendar day, there will be a fixed airport transfer from the hotel this evening. If your flight time is in the early morning next calendar day and you prefer to spend more free time to enjoy the city on your own before heading home by not boarding the evening airport transfer early, getting to the airport will then be on your own expense.
- Please note that international flight may arrive at first destination city in the early morning (around 1 AM) on Day 3 and/or it may depart from the last city on the itinerary in the early morning (around 1AM) on Day 10. For the latter, we may be able to re-schedule the flight booking to the next early morning (around 1AM) on Day 11 but without guarantee and based on availability basis only.
InterTrips itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
Vietnamese visa is a kind of travel documents granted by Vietnamese competent authorities, providing permission to travel to and enter Vietnam. An electronic visa (E-visa) is one of the visa types issued to foreigners by Vietnamese Immigration Department via an electronic system. Vietnam E-visa is valid for a maximum of 30 days, single entry.
|Day #1||01 Jan 2020 - 30 Dec 2030||$49.00|
Depart Ho Chi Minh City in the morning, you head out to Cu Chi Tunnels. After an introductory video, viewing various mantraps, the remains of an American tank and numerous bomb craters, you will spend the next hour exploring the maze of tunnels to see how the Viet Cong survived in this underground network.
|Day #3||01 Oct 2019 - 30 Dec 2030||$39.00|
Start the day cycling along back roads witnessing Vietnamese rural life first hand, working the ground with a farmer in an organic vegetable village and riding a water buffalo in a rice paddy field. Later, you will board a boat to join local fishermen doing traditional net fishing. You will also experience paddling the unique Vietnamese bamboo basket boat, rounding out your experience with the local farming and fishing communities. Lunch will be on boat with cold beer or soft drink.
|Day #7||01 Oct 2019 - 30 Dec 2030||$89.00|
In the afternoon, board a boat for a scenic cruise to Thuy Bieu village. The quiet Thuy Bieu Village, 6.5 km from the city center, is famous for growing Thanh Tra fruit (a kind of small pomelo). You will visit many garden houses, a unique feature of the Hue countryside, and enjoy relaxed walking and biking around the village. Visit an old communal house, pass by several ancient ancestral temples and chat with local people. Visit an incense making family and discover the daily life of locals, who working strenuously but with joy and enthusiasm. You can join them in gardening, or simply drinking tea. Enjoy a dinner at a local family in Thuy Bieu and drive back to hotel.
|Day #9||01 Oct 2019 - 30 Dec 2030||$59.00|