* Last updated: 11/28/2019
About This Document
By using our websites, providing any personal data to us, or booking any travel services with us, you confirm that you agree to and consent to the terms of this document, to the extent that your consent is required by any applicable law.
How we collect information about you will depend on how you interact with us and what services you arrange with us. Information will be collected when you book a reservation, initiate a purchase on our website, participate in any of our sweepstakes, competitions or promotions, participate in a survey, ask us a question, interact with our social media accounts or subscribe to our newsletter.
What Types Of Personal Information We Collected
The type of information we collect about you depends on the nature of your interaction with us. Data concerning you as an individual, Business Related Information, Enquiry and Booking Information, Enquiry and Booking Information, Accounts, Registration and Loyalty Information, Survey Information, Performance Information, and Website Usage Information
Depending on the circumstances, we collect any of the following:
Visit our Website: We may collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit our website. Examples of this include IP address, device type, pages viewed, computer operating system, browser type, browsing & usage habits, domain name, date of visit, and referring URL. Collecting this information enables us to improve the quality, services, and relevance of our website for our visitors, diagnose any problems with our server and administer the operation of our website.
- Visit our Website: We may collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit our website. Examples of this include IP address, device type, pages viewed, computer operating system, browser type, browsing & usage habits, domain name, date of visit, and referring URL. Collecting this information enables us to improve the quality, services, and relevance of our website for our visitors, diagnose any problems with our server and administer the operation of our website.
- Booking a Reservation: When booking any travel or tour package with us, we will ask for your name, home & billing address, telephone number, email address, payment details, birth date, gender, emergency contact details, passport information, frequent flyer information, meal and other travel preferences or dietary requirements and any medical information related to your reservation. We will need to collect this information in order to arrange the travel and other services you are requesting.
- Financial Information: If you book services on our website or through our call center, your payment details to include billing address, credit card or debit card details and bank account details.
- Create an account: Registration information when you create an account with us.
- Contact by phone: If you call us by telephone, we may monitor and/or record the phone conversation for training purposes and customer service reasons.
- Your interaction with us: If you enter a sweepstake, participate in a survey, subscribe to our newsletter or marketing communications, interact with us via social media or attend an event we may host, we will collect your name, relevant contact information and any other personal information you choose to give us.
- Information from third party sources: We may lawfully obtain both non-personal and personal information about you from business partners, entities affiliated to us, travel shows, travel-related agencies, and other independent third-party sources. Examples of information we may receive includes updated contact information such as address and email, purchase history, and demographic information.
We may use the information that you have provided to us to:
- The operation of our website
- Provide travel information and respond to inquiries
- Booking and other contracts
- Financial Information: If you book services on our website or through our call center, your payment details to include billing address, credit card or debit card details and bank account details
- Communications with customers.
- Record keeping
- Manage and improve our business
- Direct marketing and advertising
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection
We will keep your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to enable us to provide the relevant services you have requested from us, to resolve any disputes, to comply with any legal obligations or for as long as your account is active.
Your Information Rights
You can access or update your account information by logging into My Account page. If you would like to de-activate your account, please contact us at the address listed below. After your account is de-activated, you will not be able to sign in or have access to your account or any personal information provided.
Data Protection Rights - EEA Residents
We comply with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States. If you are a resident of the areas mentioned above, you have the following data protection rights
- You have the right to request access to the personal data that we hold about you. In most cases, this is free of charge
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications that we send to you. You can do this easily by clicking the unsubscribe link on the bottom of the marketing emails
- You have the right to request that we correct or update any information that we hold about you which is out of date or incorrect. You can also access or update your account information by logging into My Account page
- You have the right to withdraw the consent that you have provided to us. By withdrawing your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor where it was conducted on lawful processing grounds other than consent
- You have the right to ask us to delete your personal information, also known as the “right to be forgotten”. If you request deletion of your information, we will erase it. Please note that we will need to retain any information that is necessary to fulfill our legal obligation, or to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim
- Similarly, if you ask us to stop processing your information, this may mean we won’t be able to provide all or parts of the services you have requested and if this results in the need to cancel your reservation, you may incur cancellation charges in line with our terms and conditions
- You have the right to request the portability of your personal information. You can ask us to move, transfer or copy your personal information so that you can use this information in a different service. To the extent that we can do so, we will make this information available to you in a commonly used format
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to a data protection authority about our collection. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority
- Health-related information may be required to provide appropriate travel accommodations and accessibility requirements
- Government-issued identification numbers (e.g. passports) that are required for flights or other travel reservations
- Other information that you provide at your discretion which may imply or suggest information like religion or health, such as dietary needs.
InterTrips will not sell or rent your personal information to or with others unless you have granted us permission to do so. We will share information with third parties that provide us support services as follows:
- Third-party service providers working on our behalf: We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, agents, subcontractors, and other associated organizations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services related to your reservation. Examples of third-party service providers are airlines, hotels, insurance companies, ground handling agencies, transportation companies, cruise lines, and activity providers.
- Third-party data processors: We may share your personal data with third party providers who provide data processing services to us for purposes such as credit card processing, payment services, marketing, and business analytics.
- Third-party professional advisers: To persons providing professional services to us, such as auditors, lawyers, and technical consultants.
Though we make every effort to preserve your privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process or to protect your interest or those of another person.
Where you choose to receive marketing information, we will let you know about any special offers or promotions that may be of interest to you, including our newsletter. Recipients can opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link on the bottom of the marketing email.
How to Contact us
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, ways that we handle your personal information, the practices of this site or your dealings with this website, please contact us at the following mailing address: InterTrips, 680 Brea Canyon Rd., Suite 268 Diamond Bar CA 91789.
Cookies and Other Technologies
We may use information like cookies for the purposes including, but not limited to: improving your experience on our site, improving or overall services and to display ads and offers that are more relevant to you.
What are Cookies
Cookies are a small amount of data containing a string of alphanumeric characters that is sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer's hard drive. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set.
This non-personally identifiable information is collected to help us recognize you as a visitor and save and remember any preferences you may have previously set, to help us customize the content and advertisement provided to you on our website and to help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing initiatives and improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of our programs.
Cookies from Other Sites
This website uses 3rd party vendor re-marketing tracking cookies, including the Google Ads tracking cookie. This allows us to make special offers and continue to market our services to those who have shown interest in our services. We will continue to show ads to you across the internet, specifically on the Google Display Network (GDN). We respect your privacy and are not collecting any identifiable information using Google's or any other 3rd party remarketing system.
This site may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that InterTrips is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy policies posted on the other online sites. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by InterTrips.
While no online services can guarantee absolute security, we are committed to taking appropriate steps designed to protect the information that we collect. We employ reasonable and appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information against loss, misuse, or alteration. Access to private and confidential data is granted to only those of our people that need to use it and they may only do so for permitted business functions. We use SSL encryption to protect your sensitive information online and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.